• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Skipping deuce

I removed the valve cover and all the springs are good. I bared the motor over and they all feel about the same as far as lash goes nothing sloppy or to tight. I ordered the head gasket set. So I’ll see what things look like when I get it apart. This truck gets used a lot in the farm. I put almost 3000 miles on it last year in one summmer. It hauls hay manure and gravel. I know the front head gasket is blowing out oil so it won’t be a waste even if I find nothing wrong.

Last edited:

snowtrac nome

on a diesel there are only 2 things required to run fuel and compression. I believe you have concluded it has fuel, so I would apply air pressure to your #5 cylinder, and listen at the intake exhaust and oil filler hole for escaping air. if you hear air in the intake you have a bad intake valve, if its escaping through the exhaust its an exhaust valve, if its escaping through the crankcase, than you have a piston problem ck piston ,liners, or rings. doing this before removing the head will help you to see where to inspect. I should also add if you are getting bubbles in the engine coolant while doing this test you will have a bad head gasket or cracked head.

It has minimal blow by. No worse then the first day I got the truck. Coolant system is not being pressurized. No oil or coolant mixing. It is huffing out the intake so it sounds like compression is being forced back into intake. Could be a bad valve or the head or head gasket. I’ll pull it apart and find out. Like I said it is pushing oil out the front head so it won’t be a waste

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks