• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Correct front rotors?

KrispyKris

Well, here in Germany, I kinda screwed the pooch with ordering front rotors (Raybestos 5046R). Even though the truck did not have dual tyres, it has the heavy springs due to being a radio truck Can anyone tell me what PN rotors I need. I order my parts through Rock Auto. By the way, in the process I found that the lock rings in the hub, both inner and outer were not in their grooves, to top it off someone installed the nuts for the bearings in the wrong order. They installed the lock nut first, then the one with the pin, so the lock pin is no longer there. Are the locking nuts available?

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan in Germany; "Checkpoint Charlie."

2018-10-05 17.54.49.jpg

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GM part numbers are listed in the parts technical manuals.

Parts technical manuals are free to download on the site.

Matt5

Banned
Springs do not matter for anything, unless you are using a dually front, you want single rear wheel parts, you ordered dually rotors, order any rotors for single rear... EX, raybestos 5048R

Can't help you on the lock nuts.

On dual rear wheel trucks, the front hubs are different because of the extra tires in the rear the hubs change where the front sit, springs, or anything else does not matter when ordering parts. Also note all cucvs should be 1984 spec.

Now if you got to order rear brake stuff, I forget what size the rear brakes are. Keep in mind 3inch and 3.5 inch are options for rear.

Last edited by a moderator:

cucvrus

KrispyKris A quick word on the lock pin in the nut. I have encountered the pin broken and inset. If you are in a pinch you can set the nut face down on a piece of wood and use a 1/16" punch to drive the pin out a bit more. It will last forever like that if you are the one servicing the axles. Also a small roll/drift pin from a hardware store would work. Many times you just have to be creative. Good Luck. Just order all parts for a standard 1984 K30 and ignore any of the military acronyms or add on's and you should do well. Good Luck. I hope that helps. But I wouldn't let that little pin stop you. Fix it and drive on.

KrispyKris

KrispyKris A quick word on the lock pin in the nut. I have encountered the pin broken and inset. If you are in a pinch you can set the nut face down on a piece of wood and use a 1/16" punch to drive the pin out a bit more. It will last forever like that if you are the one servicing the axles. Also a small roll/drift pin from a hardware store would work. Many times you just have to be creative. Good Luck. Just order all parts for a standard 1984 K30 and ignore any of the military acronyms or add on's and you should do well. Good Luck. I hope that helps. But I wouldn't let that little pin stop you. Fix it and drive on.
AFAIK, the pin sits in a blind hole. After a ton of googling, I found the DANA Part number: [FONT=&quot]660568 Spindle Nut. Costs around 10€ from Rock Auto.[/FONT]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to drive the pin out on 2 of my trucks. Neither of them had a blind hole.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks