• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gauge question M35 reo

M35 REO

Hello all,
I have a 1952 REO M35 that i have been driving for a year with chintzy aftermarket gauges hanging below the dash for fuel and oil pressure to be safe. Im getting tired of looking at them I have Stewart Warner douglas connector gauges installed on the original dash the temp is 0-240 oil is 0-60. I have the new style sending units (MS24537-1 0-240 rubber connector temp sender) and (MS24538-1 0-60 rubber connector oil sender) when I search online it says these work with gauges that have "ms" part numbers. Is there any backward compatibility that anyone is aware of? Also on a side note my ammeter is always on so I installed a battery cutoff but I am not sure why it does this. I am not expert in electrical any help out there is greatly appreciated. - Ryan

Attachments

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your auxilliary switch ("ignition") may not disconnect properly. I can play with mine and get the air buzzer to stop but the battery/charging gauge is still on, if I deliberately keep the switch in an almost-off position. Yes to the battery cutoff - that is a good safety device in any case!
As for the oil pressure, as long as you have a sender that has a range matched to the display gauge (0-60; it is engraved on the sender) you should be good. Of course, ground issues on the gauge cluster (via the screws) are always a fun possibility.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, ms means military standard, and the newer gauges work with older senders and opposite. Main thing is match up the pressure ranges.

By ammeter, I assume you mean battery/generator indicator? It needs an ignition switched power feed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks