• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New To Me 1994 M998A1

Mike Gardner

Are you trying to say that the throttle pedal doesn't work?

Where did you find 30 was the left tank. That sounds like a normal vehicle with left Bank issues.
The throttle cable is secured to the topside of the injection pump. It is adjustable.
I feel as if the throttle cable is too lose but it’s no more than when I was driving it a week ago. There is no throttle response. It’s to dark for me to mess with it now.

Im getting wire labels from here
https://olive-drab.com/od_mseries_circuits.php

I’ve seen the same stuff on other pages. I keep looking for other info but so far everything I find states the same thing.

Action

You dont have a fuel selector switch, either. Look for the humvee wiring charts in the back of the last maintenance book.
If 30 is the ground, there will be 30a, 30b, 30c, etc.

Action

I’ve been trying to look through maintenance books all night. I can’t find a wire diagram anywhere that gives me that info.
TM 9-2320-280-280-20-3
start at the very last page and the flip one by one until you hit the diagrams.
you should only have to flip one page.

Mike Gardner

In the chart it looks like it’s 30(S?) and it’s to the starter.
The other is 20A and is blackouts.
The good news is I don’t see anything that I fried that was involved with fuel delivery. The other good news is it’s probably mechanical and related to the cable or the pump/filter or both. Either way I’m learning a lot from these manuals.

Wire Fox

You have no idea how many people are giving you a standing ovation from their corner of the internet for stating that you're reading the manuals and learning.

FYI, all of your fuel delivery system is going to be mechanical. The fuel lift pump is mechanically driven and the injection pump is also mechanically driven. The only electronic control portion of it is going to be on the injection pump, which is the assembly that times the engine, meters fuel for current throttle/load demand, governs RPM, and creates the high fuel pressure needed for the [also mechanical] fuel injectors. The only electronic components on that pump are two solenoids: one operates as the fuel shutoff, and the other controls timing advance in order to help the engine warm up on the initial starting.

Your throttle cable is going to connect to the pedal, pass through the firewall near the top-right, loop up over the engine and back downward to where it connects on the left-side of the injection pump, connected to the throttle linkage. There's a bracket also attached to the left-side of the injection pump that the throttle cable sleeve is bolted to, which can slip out of the bracket if it was loose and cause throttle control failure. The assembly can be adjusted to remove the slack in the throttle and then you can follow-up by adjusting the idle screw on the injection pump throttle linkage to ensure that the engine idles at the proper RPM when warm.

Mike Gardner

Hahaha thanks!!
I try to lean as much as I can on my own before asking. “No question is a stupid question” unless it’s a question I can answer myself by some simple research.
I located the ends of the cable and looked at adjusting the slack out. Although in my mind adjusting is a band aid. I should just replace it. That way I know it’s new and in good shape.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks