• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hi all looking for some wheel and tire info

zrifenburgh

I am very new to the world of the cucv. I have a 1985 M1008 only has 23k on it from what I can tell I have a bit of work a head of me to repair some hack work. but as for now I'm trying to find some info on what wheels I can put on it and what size tire will fit with out adding a lift kit. it currently has some nasty rusty 8.75 x 16.5 wheels and tires on it oh and they are bias ply. id really like to get rid of the 16.5 wheels hours of searching I can't really find any good answer. so any info would be greatly appreciated

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! For sure ditch the 16.5 rims, they are not stock on CUCVs. Go back with 16s and mount up 245s and up.

zrifenburgh

awesome thanks for the info. I was thinking 33's or 35's for the little bit of logging I do. now will wheels off of say a k30 fit or am I looking for a specific cucv wheel for this thing?