• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many miles do you drive your CUCV per year?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems like, to me, I drive my M1008A1 a lot.
In it everyday when I’m not flying.
Ranch work, errands, occasionally driving to work, etc.
But I’m only averaging just over 5300 miles per year.
Have had truck just over 3 years now.

Truck is great and wife and I take it for an occasional trip, exploring the back roads.
No really long road trips have been attempted.......yet.

So I was wondering what everyone else is averaging.
Definitely curious on the highest miles driven per year.

Gunfreak25

I drove my M1009 daily for 2 years and put 15000 miles on it. Longest trip was about 5 hours at 65mph. I also delivered chinese in it locally for 11 months. I put all new bearings, wheels seals, brakes, hoses belts, new radiator, heater core, batteries, electric fuel pump, fuel lines and rehabbed all electrical points before I made it into a daily driver.

I got it back 3 years later from a deal gone sour and resealed the injection pump, new batteries, new batteries, cables, interior carpet and 31 inch mud terrains. Its gonna be my DD again and will receive AC, insulation and a basic sound system over the next year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Barrman

My M1009 was getting around 5000 a year for a few years until I started driving the Cowdog. My son was using his M1009 for around 8k a year until he went to college.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Well with 5 different trucks all different purposed I would say the 1008A1 in
1 year, 500 miles. And that is using it as a truck. I just picked up a crate engine
with it just to exercise the seals.:D

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drive my M1031 with the ProFab hay bed around 10,000 miles a year. It works great with the 4.56 gears checking cattle and feeding them. It gets used on a daily basis year around doing all kinds of farm work. Been doing this for about 8 years now.

nyoffroad

My 1008 was my daily driver for about 6 years, I've never tracked the mileage but when I got it had about45,000 mi on it and now has 112,000. It didn't take me long before I swapped out the TH400 for a TH700R4 and a little bigger tires!

TGP (IL)

I Drive my M1028A2 almost every day locally.
Average around 4,000 miles a year. Put about a third of that on the
M35A1.
Then I have five other trucks to drive occasionally.
When your retired you can find time to drive them all at least a little.

A truck in motion tends to stay in motion.
Tom

LT67

First year with the 85 M1008 I put 8K on it. Had quite a few trips from Atlanta to west Ga thrown in there. Now that I live in west GA and the other two trucks are running, that number will get cut in half at least.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks