• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

X-Door rivet replacement

rcamacho

Looking to replace pop rivets on window frame as several are worn/loose.

Reading the forum looks like 3/16” but what reach? I gather stainless structural rivets are preferred...? I do not want them to loosen again.

Also, PO Rhino-lined the outside of the doors so accessing that side of the rivets is a pita. Any suggestions for precisely removing liner around the rivets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

diluted

Looking to replace pop rivets on windshield frame as several are worn/loose.

Reading the forum looks like 3/16” but what reach? I gather stainless structural rivets are preferred...? I do not want them to loosen again.

Also, PO Rhino-lined the outside of the doors so accessing that side of the rivets is a pita. Any suggestions for precisely removing liner around the rivets?

Maybe try using a spot weld cutter to remove the rhino liner around the rivet?

rcamacho

Ok, made good progress this evening. I was able to razor-knife enough material off the rivet heads to drill them out and replace.

At least (8) of the rivets were demonstrably loose toward the top and bottom of the window frame brackets.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks