• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Eod cucv?

Lizard Dog

Anyone come across an Explosive Ordinance Disposal Unit CUCV? (Red fenders)

In TB 43-0209 "Color, Marking, and Camouflage Painting of Military Vehicles, Construction Equipment and Materials Handling Equipment" Section II, paragraph 6-b it says:

"Vehicles assigned to Explosive OrdnanceDisposal Units will have all fenders painted lusterless red31136 on vehicles painted lusterless green 383 or forestgreen."

I'm interested to see this paint scheme on a CUCV. Pictures would be great if anyone has them. Google images turns up nothing.

Keith_J

THANKS!!! My M1031 SECM was converted to an EOD vehicle per body data plate. The data plate indicating model number from Able Body Company initially was for a 1031 but had restamping to an EOD model. One of the undocumented conversions was the replacement of the front grille with a non-brand LMC types. I suspected a front collision as front fenders have a layer of red under the CARC. The paint explains the color issue as the CARC is quite thin and little wet sanding revealed the red.

No photos, my SECM had been repainted 383 green woodland. I can still get proof as it has not been taken down to metal.

Keith_J

Whoa.. that’s cool. I’d love to see one in that livery. Hard to imagine with just red fenders
Now I am tempted. A red fendered M1031 SECM? Would love to see pictures. I am tastefully modifying mine as an RV tug. Hitch and air bag suspension, both are initially invisible. Minimal mods, easily revertible.

Keith_J

This vehicle will be repainted. Thanks for the history correct color!! Its not like I am trying to hide. I'm trying to be right. Were EOD Dogs common back in the late 1980s? I never had need for EOD back when I wore a younger man's uniform. We cleared the range before EOD arrived. I would like to plan my next adoption to be period specific..like a good German Shepard Dog. Dogs love my truck.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks