• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 battery box help

King

Looking for civi replacements, and I have a hook I just needed to see how big I could go with the battery displacement (size) , then I would focus on CCA. Thank you for the link

King

Ok so some individuals have indicated there may be two versions of the plastic battery box on an M35A3, I currently do not have access to my truck to measure the box. Here is what I do know: NSN 6160014072852 PN 12368320 (I do not know if that is for the metal or plastic). The measurement for the ones for sale are 24" Length, 13" Height, 12" Width. I intend purchase the largest with the most CCA that will fit the box and I have a couple of options to purchase then drive a few hours to where the truck is being stored to install. I am just trying to avoid a "surprise" they don't fit, scenario.....Thank you for anyone that can confirm those measurements..

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It is a 3116 motor it does not take alot to crank it over even from dead cold in 0 degree weather. Group 31s are going to fit nice and priced alright. they have 1100-1200 CAs and in the 950 CCA range. Most 4D batteries are around the same CCA/CA and are bigger. You wont get any more power until you get into the big 8D's If you are worried about them draining down put a battery tender on it.

8D batteries are 21x11x9in each and are the biggest you can go with based on those measurements you have if that is per section but i doubt it is.

Group 31s are 13" Long - 6- 3/4" wide - 9.5" tall

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks