• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Wiring Harness

CH46

M37 Wiring Harness. Need someone who can install new wiring harness. Located near Augusta, GA. CH46---David---706-831-6564.

mdainsd

Its not that hard. It might seem daunting gut I bet you could do it.

Can probably talk you through it tight here.

Metal shelled connectors (Douglass) or rubber shelled (Packard)?

CH46

I might could install harness myself, but just don't have the time. Original 1951 wiring is shot, a lot of add on and bypass wiring. Time for a real replacement, by someone who knows what they are doing. Any recommendations on which company to buy a harness from?

just me

I have bought several from Vintage. When it was the original owner, he did a bit of customization for me specific purposes.
The new owner did some customizing for me too. ( Mix of Packard and Douglass connectors for new and old accessories. Additional wiring for some added pumps and compressor controls. Convoy lighting, etc )

CH46

Found out there is a "Vintage Wiring of Maine" and "Vintage Wiring in Alabama" . I understand the one in Maine covers a lot more military vehicles. I will be talking to Maine next week.

CH46

OK, Talked to Vintage Wiring Alabama...M37 wiring is $1020.00, plus $220 for turn signals. He has many other harness kits. Order lead time is 4-5 weeks.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, I just finished installing one. Not too bad I did have a couple minor tweaks to do. Definitely easier than trying to fix an old one.

just me

I found mine rather inexpensively on fleabay.
There are several Veem and Cannon crimpers that do the same job but at a much higher cost.