• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP802 alternator and pulley missing

PoP PoP

Bought an 802 the alternator and pulley are missing. I think I have found the correct alternator but the pulley has been tough to find. It appears to have been robbed off since the wires were cut. Going to go slow but this is a tough one. Any help would be appreciated.

PoP PoP

I had seen that one and that they no longer stocked it

I had seen that one and that they no longer stocked it I have sent an inquiry. Other source new or used?

PoP PoP

I sent private message yesterday

I sent private message yesterday waiting to hear back. I have searched and asked several. Just have to find the correct person.

Guyfang

Staff member
The SMR code for the pully indicated that it's a non stocked/non procured item. So, the only way you will find one is if someone like LITD sells you from a parts unit.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats one thing I remember you posting a while back... parts shown in the -24P that have the classification of PAOZZ means its not a stocked or separately ordered part, with no choice but scavenge for availability.

Guyfang

Staff member
Thats one thing I remember you posting a while back... parts shown in the -24P that have the classification of PAOZZ means its not a stocked or separately ordered part, with no choice but scavenge for availability.
I need to correct myself here. Mea Culpa. I was not paying attention. The SMR code PAOZZ means that the part WAS stocked and procured, (meaning that it WAS a repair part) so it was available to be ordered insted of scavenging. I was looking at the very first parts manual, and it of course gave me the wrong info. I was comparing some parts between old and new books, to see if maybe there might be some alternatives between a few real hard to get parts. I clicked on the tab for old parts books, instead of new. Sorry. Getting old!

DOUBLE ALT

I assume you are using 4 belts??
I did find a 3 grove pulley part # 107-36 made by Leece Neville
problem is 3 groves not 4. 3 inch od (changes rpm of generator)

I also found a 6 grove pulley that may work. Listed in Canada. call 905-791-2485Item #: 4970770A81S
Description: 4970770A81S PULLEY (107-118)Leece Neville number.
It does have 2.5 od x 5/8 id both correct. $23.74CAD
If it will work you could have a machine shop cut 2 of the grooves off or leave it as is.
good hunting double alternator

Specs are
Description:Pulley
OEM(s): Leece Neville, Motorola
ID: 0.626in / 15.9mm
OD: 3in / 76.2mm
Belt Width: 0.394in / 10mm
Thickness: 2.098in / 53.3mm
Pulley Grooves: 3
Groove Type: V-Groove
Pulley Type: Solid
Notes:
  • Machined Steel
  • Use with 120-137 Lock Washer & 120-136 Nut
Application: Leece Neville Alternators

leedawg

I could probably make you one if you wanted to pay for the raw material and an hour of my time, im sure id spend more than that on it but would be a fun little project on the lathe and shaper. If you exhaust other options let me know. Or if you end up buying the 6 groove pully Feel free to send it over happy to modify it into a 4 groove if you wanted.

Lee

Guyfang

Staff member
ABHEOUTSIDE DIAMETER2 231/500 INCHES NOMINAL
ABHPOVERALL LENGTH1 INCHES NOMINAL
ABRRKEYWAY WIDTH0 127/1000 INCHES NOMINAL
ABXVBORE DIAMETER0 157/250 INCHES NOMINAL
ADGEBORE LENGTH0 18/25 INCHES NOMINAL
AEVFDISTANCE FROM CENTER OF BORE TO BOTTOM OF KEYWAY0 193/500 INCHES NOMINAL
AGAVIII END ITEM IDENTIFICATION6115-01-274-7387
AGGSV GROOVE ANGLE IN DEG40
ANNQMATERIAL AND LOCATIONSTEEL, AISI 1010 OVERALL AND STEEL, AISI 1020 OVERALL
AQPLFACE WIDTH0 829/1000 INCHES NOMINAL
ARJDDESIGN FORMWEBBED
ASBPBORE TYPESTRAIGHT
AWJQBEARINGSNOT INCLUDED
AXHQGROOVE QUANTITY4
AXNDCOUNTERBORE FEATURENOT INCLUDED
BSGGKEYING FACILITYINCLUDED
BSGKKEYING FACILITY TYPEKEYWAY
BSYGSPLIT HUB FEATURENOT INCLUDED
BXSHWEB/SPOKE RELATIONSHIP TO FACE CENTERLINENOT OFFSET
BXSJLIGHTENING HOLENOT INCLUDED
BXSKINTEGRAL COOLING VANENOT INCLUDED
BXSMGROOVE SHAPEV
BXSNSTANDARD V-BELT SECTION DESIGNATION FOR WHICH DESIGNED4K
BYDSBORE FEATUREINCLUDED
BYDWSHAFT SIZE FOR WHICH DESIGNED0 157/250 INCHES NOMINAL
BYDZPROTRUDING HUB CHARACTERISTICPLAIN
BYZDHUB END OUTSIDE DIAMETER AND LOCATION1 INCHES NOMINAL BB END
BYZFDISTANCE FROM OUTSIDE FLANGE/RIM TO HUB END AND LOCATION0 7/25 INCHES MINIMUM AA END AND 171/1000 INCHES MAXIMUM BB END

Pulley NSN:3020-01-382-8782

Should have looked earlier. But this might help if someone ever needs to make one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks