• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv rear spring question

papakb

I finally had a chance to go measure the ID on the set of intermediate springs that I have and they're 4.5" ID.

911joeblow

If anybody has a few spring sets sitting around and would care to measure the free length of each type, I have a spring builder from my days in Motorsports that can make up springs in any rate and even progressive. The military sprung these to carry a lot of weight which is not normally needed on the street. A nice slightly lifted and softer spring set would make these trucks ride so much better.

papakb

Personally I think your wasting your money but that's not for me to say. Preload the back end with a couple hundred pounds of sandbags and things will smooth out.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally I think your wasting your money but that's not for me to say. Preload the back end with a couple hundred pounds of sandbags and things will smooth out.
Full beer kegs seem like a better use of space.

papakb

I agree 100% with this solution! Wish I'd thought of it myself. Pushing the thought you might be able to pick up a couple of TOW missile spare round brackets and mount the kegs in them......................

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks