• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What would a LMTV completed run? Pic enclosed Also where do you find the hood racks

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It's a 6.7 can turn out the same power that the C7 can. The ISB is just a little cheaper to work on being that not all parts kept in house like the kitty. The ISB is also about 300lbs lighter and can turn about 600 to 800 more rpms

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
No offense to Profo but I've seen Adventure Driven's truck in person and other than those couple of dings in the side of the box the truck is immaculate and the interior of the box is even nicer. And yes it has high speed gears, AC, and now, about 1000 offroad lights on the cab rack. Again, not trying to say one is better than the other just that this truck is extremely nice and not easy to tell from one pic.
Watched their video. No toilet. Or shower. Gotta fold down the bed. No satellite TV. No cruise control that I saw. Just a bunch of batteries

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Watched their video. No toilet. Or shower. Gotta fold down the bed. No satellite TV. No cruise control that I saw. Just a bunch of batteries
It's an Overlanding vehicle not a Class A RV. Completely different style for a completely different objective.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What would a LMTV completed run? Hopefully with highway gears
Also where do you find the hood/cab racks
THX
Like most people say this is a nice custom build. M1079's run about 12-16k and M1079A1's run from 18K-30K+ depending on configuration (3126 vs C7) for a nice running truck before customization in the private market. The end price is what your wallet can afford.

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
60K They just sent me a bunch of pics
Would the S280 shelter fit it then?
The s280 may be a little small on that. s280 only 12' long. If I was looking at one of those I would build or buy a larger box. I have an s280 on a m923. Wish it was bigger.

scottmandu

similar price for some Unimog builds and they are typically built on used (but renewed) trucks as well. While IMHO both are overpriced..... do believe Acela does completely renew their trucks like a high dollar Unimog builder would as well.
Mechanical components are not overhauled. Used engine, transmission and axles.

scottmandu

Huh? The C7 did come and still comes in the FMTVs. The SD Brazos has a Cummins engine which as we know might just be a better engine than the C7.
Better is a relative term. A Cummins will have a significant cost penalty as you have to buy one to replace the Caterpillar engine, and the C7 produces quite a bit more torque than a Cummins engine of similar displacement. The C7 is also a larger displacement engine. Personally I think the best engine for an LMTV would be a turbocharged 10TD1 30 liter Isuzu V10 tuned to 1200hp and 3000 ft/lbs.

DukeNukem

The s280 may be a little small on that. s280 only 12' long. If I was looking at one of those I would build or buy a larger box. I have an s280 on a m923. Wish it was bigger.
What would the correct one be and who has them for sell?

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isn't this where somebody says: "Oh, you can get them at auction in Hawaii or Guam for, like, two thousand dollars."

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not shy about saying that I paid $15,000 US for my 1078. Before I purchased it, I saw it sell at auction for $7700 + buyers premium+ transportation as a non-runner. The buyer flipped it to me with a clean AZ title, 4 new batteries, turret cover, 5 high tread Goodyear MVTs, functioning CTIS, no loose alternator, no loose fan, lube order complete, comm rack changed out for a third seat, functioning cab tilt, spare deploy, cab air shocks, all electrical works, and a warranty. To me it was worth the money not to "discover" its character defects out in the Arizona desert.

Last edited:

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What would the correct one be and who has them for sell?
It's all in what you want. If I had the time I would make a box. I have the tools and talent but not the time. So an s280 was available in Pa where I travel for work. So I grabbed it. Nothing like my 28" camper but i will use this for more "primitive" camping. With out the wife. Plumbing will be outside! Inside...bed, stove, light, heat, food.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a big truck fan, user name "Joaquin Suave" I think, who gave excellent advice on those building an adventure rig:

"In your backyard, build a plywood box the same size as your planned shelter. Live out of it for a couple of weeks, see what you think of the idea."

Last edited:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isn't this where somebody says: "Oh, you can get them at auction in Hawaii or Guam for, like, two thousand dollars."
Can confirm from a source. 2k for a 1079A0 non-runner in hawaii with $500 to get it to port, $10K to get it to California, $2500-4500 to get it to your door THEN you get to see if it's a lemon. This doesn't include any towing fees or handling charges for a non-running truck during the loading/unloading process or repairs.

..but yeah, $2K no problem.

download (1).png
(You're welcome lol)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks