• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Let the shopping begin... M809 series

Ajax MD

I'm forming up the list of belts, fluids, , hoses, filters etc. to perform deferred maintenance on an M813.

I'm new to buying such large quantities of fluids. When buying in bulk like this, do you guys have any preferred vendors (especially engine oil)?
It would seem that strolling into the nearest Autozone for 7 gallons of 15w40 would be costly and inefficient.

Also, how many of you bother upgrading to synthetic oil on old trucks with unknown usage and an unknown maintenance record? Is it throwing money away? I'm leaning towards just using a quality, conventional oil.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Walmart sells Delvac for 10.77 a gallon and delvac gives you a 7$ rebate per gallon thru the end of the year so it's only $4 a gallon.

Walmart coolant is $8 a gallon for concentrate. So 6 gallons of it and 4 gallons of distilled water is under $75.

Belts are cheaper thru ebay. The parts list for your truck is in the 5 ton stickies

You are only gonna change your oil once a year or so.

Get with member scar59 and get a spin on oil filter adapter. It makes filter changes alot easier and less mess.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks