• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The 802 came to life today

PoP PoP

After a bit of nursing I started up my 802. It felt good really good. Only issues I found were the fuel gauge pegged out and the temp gauge laying completely dead. Expected the temp gauge to have an issue since it was un wired when I got it home. On a good note the no fuel fault light works. It was empty. Making me think the gauge is the problem. Will go ahead and order new bungs because I see some fuel creep from the top one. Oh yes going to replace both bungs with brass. It should be pretty easy to find these problem solutions. Will look up the steps tonight and run through them tomorrow. For now just happy to see it make some power. I did ground that puppy! Admit bringing it back to life was addictive. Thank you for helping me get started.:-D

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does this machine have the quad fuse mod? If you aren't familiar... look it up here on the forum, and seriously consider installing it before you turn it over again.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also you will want to check the wires on the temp sending unit (and especially where they are crimped to their fitting). Could simply be that it all LOOKS good, but you aren't getting continuity due to a poor connection there. All three wires in a photo you showed me appeared to be under tension, due to the coolant hose. If you redirect them, check the connections at the same time. You might find the gauge is OK...

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Also you will want to check the wires on the temp sending unit (and especially where they are crimped to their fitting). Could simply be that it all LOOKS good, but you aren't getting continuity due to a poor connection there. All three wires in a photo you showed me appeared to be under tension, due to the coolant hose. If you redirect them, check the connections at the same time. You might find the gauge is OK...

Indeed, great minds. Was going to mention that, but LID is faster then a speeding gen set!

PoP PoP

It does not have the fuse mode yet. It does have the MOV that Kloppk sent me. I will put the fuse in also. I have read a lot of the previous post. I do not want to be the pain in the butt person that does not read at all and wants to be spoon fed. I get entertainment from the struggles. But I do like to get ideas from experienced people. The wires you pointed out seem to be relaxed but will re visit them and double check. I wanted to do a bit more studying before I start looking for the problems this morning. Circuit looks simple but needed a few more bits of information first. First step I think will be verify wire numbers on gauges. Then voltages then ohms resistance, and of course continuity. I know "GUY" often says check the round plugs where the wires come into the panel. Thank you for the guidance and suggestions. It is bit cool here and the phone has been busy with other friends and family needing misc stuff. They are interfering with me playing with my toy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks