• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Packing and Shipping Chambersburg PA and Las Vegas

tktsales

We used to purchase a good bit of material from GL out of OKC and Lockbourne and we had an independent packer/shipping in each location that would consolidate lots and prep for shipping for us. Does anyone have a good contact for this kind of work at these new locations aside from the commercial ones being advertised on GP. I have yet to purchase anything from these locations, Anyone have any good or bad experiences to share. I thought I remember reading that GP was going to provide some of this prepping service so that we could just send in a freight company but that might have been hearsay, I don't see anything in print pertaining to this. Thank you

hcso2332

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking to have the same question answered. I have a couple lots at each that need consolidated and prepped for shipping. I have used a UPS Store in Mechanicsburg a few times for small items with good success.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nothing at those sites, but I've used UPS Stores at other locations, even for large heavy pieces of equipment, with great success.

hcso2332

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I contacted the UPS Store in Chambersburg I use for ground shipments and they do consolidate multiple sales and prep for freight shipping. Here is the store info:

The UPS Store
975 Wayne Ave.
Chambersburg Pa 17201
Phone: 1-717-267-2700
Fax: 1-717-267-1998

Email: store3040@theupsstore.com
Doug & Julie Wagaman

Last edited by a moderator:

desmodromic

I am looking for freight consolidation/prep/shipping out of Las Vegas as well. Hopefully a trustworthy option pops up soon now that GP is finally auctioning off parts in meaningful quantity and frequency.

hcso2332

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking for freight consolidation/prep/shipping out of Las Vegas as well. Hopefully a trustworthy option pops up soon now that GP is finally auctioning off parts in meaningful quantity and frequency.
I am still looking for someone to prep a freight lot in Las Vegas as well. I will let you know if I find one if you can do the same.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Anyone needing logistics out of Vegas should contact me via PM. Or text thru the number below. The warehouse will do some packing and shrink wrapping. The Ritchie brothers site will not. I have a contact on the ground there who can shrink wrap and deliver to the terminal anything from either location within a reasonable time frame.

If something you bought does not need any special handling or packaging I can still arrange fairly decent priced freight rates for you. Just contact me and please include your zip. The item dimensions or a picture and if you have a business address with a forklift. I can also ship to nearby terminals

tktsales

I was able to get XPO logistics into both locations and make both pickups without too much trouble and the site in Chambersburg did shrink wrap the pallet for me.. We do have an account with XPO Logistics so our rates were good. If you did not have an account with negotiated rates you probably would be better off with someone else. All in all it was a bit more painful than GL used to be as we had to have the driver bring their release, I could not just email it to the site directly but it was doable.. Still hate to say I miss GL, never thought I would say it. I used to curse them as much as the next guy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks