• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installing standard pickup bed on a M888

Survey0r

I have a 1977 M888. I have located a regular 8 foot truck bed which I would like to install on the frame, instead of the utility box. My question is, does the M888 frame have the correct mounts for attaching the standard box. Thanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bob, if I ever get my computer running, I'll post a pic. It was a GL auction when they just took over the contract. It was a row of 888s in front of 3 V17A/MTQs. Rare stuff indeed.

Survey0r

I picked up the M888 on Thursday in North Dakota. It was last used by a Fire Department in a small community. The truck has been sitting for about a year since they last used it. It came with 5 new 16.5 inch tires. I could not find any rust on the body except one utility box door, which has a little rust. It runs well and has only 34,000 actual miles. When cleaning it up today I found the original vehicle log book under the seat. Plan on changing all fluids and flushing the radiator. The spotlight also works.
I have attached some pictures. IMG_1111.jpgIMG_1112.jpgIMG_1113.jpgIMG_1114.jpgIMG_1118.jpg

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, that is really nice condition. If possible it'd be worth keeping as is and finding another truck in similar condition.

Last edited:

Survey0r

I did not realize this M888 vehicle was that rare, I will not be putting a regular box on it will leave it with utility box on it. I'm working on another pickup, (not military) so haven't given this much attention yet. It sitting inside my shop, so its out of the elements. Thanks

nattieleather

Yep put a good coat of flat forest green on it and get some phone stuff that was suppose to be in the truck and take it to the shows. Or give it to me if you can't work on it....lol!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks