Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: M925 front axle will not lock in freezing temps

Thanks

Gentleman, thank you!. this is about the best explanation i have read and seen on PPv and its effects, I moved up to the new and improved Mrap air dryer, and drain my tanks every time i use it and still get freezing ( Has been moist winter and gets as low as minus 47 F ) does affect my horn at times, does result in 150 psi and then blow off, long run on compressor no front wheel drive lock in but oddly enough wipers always work BUT changing the PPV on the wet tank and yup i do lubricate lightly with marvel air tool lube

I'm the dude, man. Steel Soldiers Vendor simp5782's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,700 Times in 2,502 Posts

The no 6x6 when cold can result from 2 things. A froze up PPV will result in no wipers. Horn or 6x6 lock. However being that the pressure protection air lines go thru a 4 way block that supplies the transfer case with air before heading to the front of the truck. If the wipers and horn are working then it will more than likely be a froze up interlock unit that did not let air go to the front axle Engagement. Being that it's the first split in the ppv line it will get any moisture that got past the wet tank and result in a freeze up. So Ditch the thing and go to a single line system. Air to the dash switch = air to the front axle Engagement. If you want to eliminate the ppv from the front axle engagement add a T to the JIC fitting on the treadle valve port that supplies air to the shutterstat. Add an air fitting to the T. Cap the line for supply to the switch and add a new nylon line for supply. I did away with the ppv all together.
    2008 F-250 6.4L Powerstroke
    1984 AM General M923A1 ( Big Cam III NTC-400, HT3B turbo, Intercooled, #15 button, Dual fuel Line setup - MRAP Aluminum Radiator - 8" Ram Air Intake system - Dual 115 gallon tanks - Air Conditioning - 145amp alternator - Puradyn Oil Bypass system, CAT 7155 16speed transmission, Oshkosh 55000 Transfer Case, riding on 16.00 AT-3s on HEMTT wheels. )
    83' M923A1
    M796 Bolster
    M322 Equipment Trailer
    MEP-804A

901-318-8353 for Help in and or around the Memphis area or transporting in the southeast. Text me first before calling.

Tires (HMMWV, 395s, 1600s) and Transportation Vendor

Wes

Videos at https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=5782simp

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTd...D4dOJidPFnmYGA

3. The Following User Says Thank You to simp5782 For This Useful Post:

Jbulach (01-09-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2