• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hillbilly Wizard

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just wanted to post a positive thread about Hillbilly Wizard. I've been getting various parts from John over the past few months and have had excellent results. Recently I purchased a used part from him, and when it came it, it had just a tad bit too much rust pitting for my P400 engine build. So I contacted John to see if he had another identical part in a little better condition. To my surprise, in today's mail came a Brand New Part! Not used, but Brand Spanking New! No questions asked, and no request to send the other part back to him.

Now that is what you call service! Please consider Hillbilly Wizard for any parts you may need.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had great dealings with John as well. He is a fair person to deal with for sure.

kyleJ

So far, I've only bought an M1009 wheel (why oh why, must those 6 lug wheels be so rare). He was extremely helpful, and does his best to have even rare items in stock.

I've heard of a company outside of Austin, TX called militarytrucks.com but haven't done any business with them - anyone have any insight to offer here?

Last edited:

Vexiis

He was great, I had to get a fuse block without wiring harness. We looked everywhere and couldn't find them, called hillbilly wizard up and they shipped it same day took like 10 mins.
They are awesome.

My son and I met john before he became hillbilly wizard as the he started parting trucks in N.J. He then moved to P.A. which is a haul for us to stop by. John is a great guy and father to the junior Hillbilly Wizards!!

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
John is a great guy. Fair to deal with and knows his stuff. Have bought a pickup bed, fenders, bumper and other parts from him at his location in Halifax and at shows. Also bid against him at some of the local auctions lol.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just wanted to post a positive thread about Hillbilly Wizard. I've been getting various parts from John over the past few months and have had excellent results. Recently I purchased a used part from him, and when it came it, it had just a tad bit too much rust pitting for my P400 engine build. So I contacted John to see if he had another identical part in a little better condition. To my surprise, in today's mail came a Brand New Part! Not used, but Brand Spanking New! No questions asked, and no request to send the other part back to him.

Now that is what you call service! Please consider Hillbilly Wizard for any parts you may need.
Ya know, some people will do the right things. And some others will do things right. But among the good people in this hobby I too have found some of the best-est people who know how to do the right things right! And that is rare in this world today. It is a privilege to call such folks friends. Thanks for spotlighting Hillbilly Wizard as one of those rare hombres.

APPLAUSE and SALUTE !

cucvmule

collector of stuff
I also have purchased parts as well. Fast shipping, and replies to mail in reasonable time. Now as member I can bet he is really busy.

Which reminds me

HillbillyWizard

Fellow CUCV enthusiasts:
Wow, what a pleasant surprise when logging on and checking threads on SS. We don't always get time to be on the forum but we do strive hard daily to be sure every one of our customers gets the best value and a great product from Hillbilly Wizard. Thanks for being a great group and resource for all in the hobby. We recently upgraded our site and mobile experience so check it out!

We really like seeing pics of your trucks (who doesn't like looking at cool trucks) and have a special page set up to feature customer trucks here: http://www.hillbillywizard.com/customer-pics/

Edit: Also just renewed our vendor sponsorship of the site. Keep on motoring!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks