• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is it the M Gator?

BadRobot

IMG_0525.jpgIMG_0587.jpgIMG_0586.jpg

I have to change all of plastic body (hood, fenders) parts. Is there any easy way to replace them without remove the cab?

Last edited:

BadRobot

These are just a couple of M Gator pictures (in case someone wonder what it looks like). I used these as a reference when I restored mine.

1.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg18.jpg19.jpg20.jpg21.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

BadRobot

Started up the engine the first time today.

https://youtu.be/H6WMNGpmhSo

Costs $2,229.70 until today. She is a runner.

Most expensive parts will be plastic body parts. I am not sure that I will replace them at this time. I may do plastic welding on the plastic body parts. If it does not work out, then I will replace them at that time.

Last edited:

BadRobot

My front left tire had no air and I could not inflate it since the tire was out of the bead. So I had to remove the wheel/tire. Then I discovered this.

IMG_0622.jpg

My initial thought was the mechanic wanted to wider the track. Then I put it the wheel back without washers but the rim contacted the steering end rod so I have to put washers back (for now) until I can find new front rims/tires.

IMG_0627.jpg

The middle tires do not touch the ground after I inflated tires to 5 PSI. Then I checked tire size. The front tires are the same size as back tires,
25x13.00-9. That answered my suspicious. Now I have to look for 2 new front wheels/tires.

Last edited:

BadRobot

She got some stitches on her hood and fenders.

I plan to use plastic welder to weld it, cut zip-ties on the outsides and sand smooth. Then use Raptor bedliner to spray underneath (since I have to spray it on the bed anyway). If it holds up well, I might do on the outsides as well.

IMG_0654.jpgIMG_0661.jpgIMG_0659.jpgIMG_0660.jpg

The plastic body parts are quite expensive. The entire set costs around $900.

BadRobot

Plastic welded the hood and fenders.

Before:

IMG_0714.jpg

After:

IMG_0715.jpg

Before:

IMG_0717.jpg

After:

IMG_0719.jpg

Before:

IMG_0659.jpg

After:

IMG_0720.jpg

I will sand it down, Bondo to smooth the outside. I will either repair it or plastic wrap. The inside will be spray with Raptor bed liner.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My front left tire had no air and I could not inflate it since the tire was out of the bead. So I had to remove the wheel/tire. Then I discovered this.

View attachment 753896

My initial thought was the mechanic wanted to wider the track. Then I put it the wheel back without washers but the rim contacted the steering end rod so I have to put washers back (for now) until I can find new front rims/tires.

View attachment 753897

The middle tires do not touch the ground after I inflated tires to 5 PSI. Then I checked tire size. The front tires are the same size as back tires,
25x13.00-9. That answered my suspicious. Now I have to look for 2 new front wheels/tires.
Amazon has them pretty reasonable.