• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Remote Start System for AO's

Third From Texas

I've made these for our cars over the years (basically for chase crew, pit crew, or shop mechanics). In some cars I hard-mounted the switch system at the engine. In others I set it up as a tethered device that plugs in for use.

So I've been pondering what it will take to make one for the LMTV. I know that the A1's have the capability to start the engine from under the cab, but I don't see why it would be too difficult to make something for the A0.

Being able to start and stop the engine with the cab raised (without having to crawl up into the tilted cab) would be quite convenient, IMO.

I'm thinking of wiring in a waterproof disconnect mounted on a bracket that would remain in place under the cab. Then having a small hand-held tethered switch box which plugs in for manipulation. That way, with the box removed or stowed there is no way someone might access the system by simply pumping up the cab. The remote box would really only need a lockout, a power switch, and a momentary switch.

I'll have to start surfing thru the TM to look for where to tie everything in, but they are typically a pretty straight-forward concept.

Of course a remote starter kit from Amazon would likely suit the bill (Sean Fillner has one on "Able" if I recall). But I like to tinker (and I need to make a remote starter station for my Baja anyway, so I'll have all the stuff to do it).

/ponder

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks