• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn signals and brake lights quit working today

Merddin

On my way home from work I noticed my turn signals weren't working. I drove the 1008 this morning and they were working.

The headlights work. Hazard flashers work. Horn works.

I get home and checked fuse 6 for stop lights and it was good. Was going to check fuse 14 but my voltmeter battery died.

I also realized once in my garage, that my brake lights would not come on either. I also have no reverse lights. took off one rear light cover and greased the sockets with dielectric grease. All of the bulbs lit up except for reverse light bulb. When I had the hazard lights on both rear bulbs flashed.

I will work on it tomorrow. Any ideas? What would cause no brake light or turn signals? And I thought I was going to be doing just body work on my door friday.

Thanks

Keith_J

Open -34 TM. Appendix E-13. Find fuse box on figure. Upper left hand connections show a diode, possibly Zener on circuit with brown wire #27 (circuit number). My best guess is this component has failed.

Yet another modification for the tactical light system.

Merddin

After some trouble shooting, I got the turn signals and brake light working. No reverse lights yet . The flasher relay and brake light switch were bad. I replaced them and I am back in business. I believe the neutral safety switch could be causing problems with back up lights.

I had multiple lighting issues that I just happened to notice when my turn signals quit. I don't drive the truck at night much, so I never noticed the brake lights not working.

86m998

I am having similar issues. 1986 M998 turn signals just stopped working & brake lights at same time. Confirmed all bulbs are good. Turn signals turn on but don't flash. Hazards switch does nothing; doesn't even turn them on solid. While diagnosing I notice brake lights will come on when pedal is depressed fully with significant pressure. I believe from other posts that the flashing module for turn signals if different than the one for turn signals so I think it's too coincidental that both would fail at same time. Any ideas?