• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FDC bypass with non turbo

Dead pilot

I've seen a lot of info on everyone with the FDC bypass with turbos but havent been able to find anything on the non turbo bypass. I know nothing changes on what it done for the bypass. But since I dont have a turbo I shouldn't have to worry about exhaust temps right?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sgt C

I also have a non turbo and just bypassed the fdc. Everything I've read on this site suggests that engine damage is still possible whether turbo or non. I installed a pyro. I look at it as cheap insurance and gives me a reference point if and when I make adjustments to the fuel delivery.

Katahdin

I bypassed the FDC on a non-turbo M275A2, with muffler and rear exhaust, and had to decrease the fuel rate. EGTs reached 1200+ degrees much too easily while unloaded on slight hills. Maybe the muffler made a difference, but I recommend installing a pyro.