• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mount plow on D ring base

tobyS

Has anyone ever seen a snow plow (I have an A3 deuce), mounted on the front D ring base(s)? They seem very well attached.

eagle4g63

Yes, me personally. Just got rid of the whole thing about 1-2 months ago :sad:

I can check to see if I have any detailed pics to show you, otherwise I can pretty much walk you through what I did.

And Yes it was awesome!! and worked great mounted that way, kept the plow close enough on the truck too so it didn't put stress out there.

Attachments

tobyS

Thanks Eagle4g63... when you have a chance I would appreciate some pics that show a few more details of the mechanism if you find them. Did it operate like a parallelogram and did you have any adjustment to change the angle in relation to the road surface? Is that plow one that folds back on either side? That's a good looking machine.

eagle4g63

I don't know why I didn't take a bunch of pictures like I normally do....but anyway, I have a front mounted hitch that I installed and used that as a bottom mounting point...using the sides. The last pic if you can blow it up should show how I used a set of 5 Ton front d rings and welded those to the head rack on the plow rigging(where the plow lights normally are) and that is how it is hung on the top. I kept it tight to the bumper so the bumper also provided the plow with support from being "pushed" back while in use. The plow itself was a very old style "v" blade, each wing is independent so it can cut like in the pic, swing straight left or right, or be put in a scoop. While in the up position and v'ed back it tucked nice almost to the bumper. Also never needed to add lights since it never covered the deuces lights.

It was very easy to mount up, tip it against the bumper, insert d ring pins, let is swing back and put the bolts back into the hitch mount, grab plow like normal....Just to be safe I used towbar pins instead of the regular pins.

That last pic also shows an engine hoist....not needed once it was finished built...only there while building the rigging.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks