• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mobile locksmith shop, shelter conversion

DDW

Out with the old, in with the new!

70177616_1166784570185940_2766940600644141056_o.jpg

After having my 2007 Ford F150 since 2008 it was having issues. It was not a 4X4, however it worked for me. I'd hoped this would have lasted longer, however it had developed some major issues. The truck had exhaust manifold bolts snaping, creating a much louder truck, it was sucking up gas heavily, at 160,000 thousand miles, the engine just was tired. I tried brainstorming several options, however it is what is, a old truck, with rust, check engine light was on from multi failures. :(The most important thing I need for my locksmith, safe and vault company is a truck that it's; kept up, one that's dependable, customer service is most important with on time response, getting to the customer's location in a reliable truck during harsh weather conditions, and professionalism is number one.

My goal was finding a truck, and that was a challenge, most new trucks are fully loaded, they are really expensive, costing you a arm and a leg. Most used trucks have a lot of mileage and they are asking a lot for them. I was between a rock and a hard spot. I found a new truck just exactly like I wanted. The salesman, Alex was really cool, young and smart :) , I've been buying a lot of cars, trucks, vans since 1980, it's a whole different buying experience today, unfortunately Alex didn't know that 2019 Ram trucks can come with manual windows, this one did so I'm happy and I got to enlighten Alex about this throwback "Classic" truck, a single cab, 8' box, manual crank windows, rubber floor mat not carpet, real brass key in the dash, and a great Hemi 5.7L engine, 8 speed transmission. :) Unbelievable a truck that is exactly what I wanted and it was on sale :) , a 8' box, single cab, rubber mats, manual crank doors, actual key for the ignition, cruise control, a bonus is the funky modern radio, hands free phone, steering controls, screen that I'll never use.

Another bonus is the locking rear end, which is a added feature and the 4X4 making my life easier than 2 wheel drive. Overall it's a great truck, best bang for the buck, the discount was unbelievable so I bought my very first Dodge Ram. I normally purchase Ford's, Chevrolet's, Lincoln's, Mercedes Benz, Nissan's, so this is a first. The engine on this truck is a 5.7, something like 395 hp but its not a gas guzzler. Back in the old days a 395 or 400 engine would suck down the gas. My old Ford F150 engine was really tired, having a hard time to get up and down hills, downshifting a lot, guzzling gas, off and on smoking, the electrical system was tired. The good thing about my Ford is it never left me on the side of the road. :)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: