• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear brake valve

Matt S

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I've found something I don't really understand when I removed the bed. It's in the brake system and tied to the rear axle.

QqJRicf.jpg

I beleive it's a proportioning valve that adjusts to the load on the truck. I'm not sure what to do with it. Can I just unhook it from the axle and drive it like that? Do I have to bypass it if I unhook it? If I weren't planning on a lift then the I'd probably just leave it alone.

cucvrus

WOW that truck is in great shape. It still has the factory part number ink stamp on the muffler. As I read here most guys are tossing that valve. They have a GM service bulletin that describes how to eliminate it. I am sure someone will post it. I don't eliminate it I went thru great pains to get a new one on a restoration I was doing. IMHO it does work. And if it were me I would measure the angle when it was unloaded and duplicate the same angle after the lift unloaded. This would be by adding the appropriate length to the arms/arm to maintain the antilock rear wheel function. That's just me. I know the valves work I drove a truck without it and rear wheel lock. That was the reason behind it. We could debate all day. Good Luck. Nice looking truck. I assume you removed the service body. I would have done the same and have. That makes a nice pickup truck cab chassis.