• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help with 5 ton purchace. model? dump truck

vernoncostanza

hey gang,been on the m35a2 side for about 10 years.decided its time to sell the deuce and step up to something i can comfortably work with.i had planned on making it a dumper,but no power steering and a manual trans(non standard engine)killed those plans.

i have a cat d3b and a d6c i move from job to job,d3 on a gooseneck w dodge 3500 4x4,d6 on a big truck.i want to get a 5 ton dump truck that i can put a pintle trailor on back to move the d6.

id like it to have power steering and a automatic,a 250 or 8.3 cummins,has to have a winch(I live in southern Louisiana)

what model would be the best to actually do this work comfortably and reliably every day? how much could I put on the trailor before its too much for the truck?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
M930 trucks are rare. A 929 is bringing 14 to 25k at the moment. Depending on the variant. A 930 sold for 27k a few weeks back.

Would be cheaper to buy a 931 tractor and have a company convert it with an ox body unit. A 931 tractor will sell in the 4500 to 8k range.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
what about a 917? i have no idea as to the 5ton series of dumpers.

can anyone list models and capabilities?
Offroad capabilities of a 917 are limited. A tire and wheel mod would be a wise choice. Or go to a 12R22.5 that is a little more aggressive