• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Full M939 firetruck service guidance questions

azkcr

Howdy y'all.
We built a pretty sizable firetruck from an m939 a while back for our brushfires.
It's actually gone down with us and helped in Houston after the hurricane.
We've done regular maintenance, but I want bumper to bumper full maintenance done since it was in 6' of water and it's seen a lot of dirt.

Do y'all have any tips/tricks for fluid types?
I know the TMs but I've read other options might be better.
It's a company owned vehicle, so budget is, large.

Anything I should check during this 1000 point inspection?

Thanks again for helping.
Ben
20180130_170249.jpg

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why re-invent the wheel. Stick to the TM guidance. Six feet of water could really contaminate the trucks systems.
A bumper to bumperette service would include all filters; air, hyd, and oil. All fluids; eng, trans, transfer, check axles/bearings.
Grease will be the big task, every zerk will need a good purge, buy a lot of grease. Also, stick to the TM recommended
consumables. No upgrades required. Save the budget, the truck will probably in 6 feet of water sooner than later. You'll be repeating the process.

dmetalmiki

( I would, ) Start with the 'heavy' maintenance' first. (That is to,) remove all the wheels and carry out a thorough inspection clean and service of the brakes and bearings.