• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jeep step MG mount modification

mreyloc

IMG_5302.jpgIMG_5315.jpgIMG_5303.jpgIMG_5316.jpgIMG_5304.jpgIMG_5305.jpgHi All,

I bought a step step mount for my jeep to set up a .30 cal but as everyone knows, the windshield hits the mount when you go to raise or lower it.

First I determined where the mount needed to be so it wouldn’t be obstructed then I took some cardboard and made a template. I had some scrap 10 gauge steel and torch cut out 2 templates and ground them down to size. I cut a little over an inch strip for the outside.

Once welded together I fit the MG Mount to the new “bracket” I ground a little too much off the edge of the mount but it turned out okay. Then welded the mount to the new step bracket. I then drilled the holes for the 2 bolts in the mount. I’m going to media blast everything then fill in edged with bondo to smooth out then paint.

Dont mind the awkward green color of the Jeep. I still need to repaint in the proper OD green.

Hope this gives others an idea on a better solution so the windshield is not obstructed by the mount.

Last edited: