• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fun with Tires

Third From Texas

So I have a flat spot on one of my tires. A mild "clomp" but noticeable. All tires are no-wear except the two front (all were NOS and installed about 5K ago). I have three spares (one onboard) so about three weeks back I rolled one out of the garage and swapped it with driver rear. No change so I assumed that the tire I pulled was fine.

Yesterday I pulled driver front off and swapped it with the the old driver rear. Everything was lined up and torqued to spec. Massive vibration telegraphing to the steering now. Two 10 mile test drives (one yesterday, one today).

Was my assumption wrong about the tire being OK?

Is there anything else I can check?

My thinking is to pull it and inspect inside and out and if nothing obvious, I'll roll out another tire to test. I just thought it odd that this tire would have been so out of whack. It did stand upright with little to no pressure for a couple weeks, but I would have figured any flat spot as a result would have cleared up after the first few miles.

Thoughts?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It has a separated belt that you cant see. On the rear it just feels like a bump. on the front itll break your arms on the steering wheel. Maybe out of balance so break it down on both beads and spin it a quarter turn counter clockwise and reinstall if your up for it

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need to get a thread cleaning die for those. As bad as they look, the studs clean up nice.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I use the cutting torch on the rusty threads. Makes for an easy job. Clean then up with a thread cleaner or counteract unit before reassembly. Spray them with a teflon spray or a dry spray lube with teflon after assembly.

https://youtu.be/t8s4kwch3n0

dmetalmiki

The 'torch' is one those absolutely 'must have' items in the workshop.
I certainly could not have completed all the tasks I have completed over the years without one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks