Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: m35a3 air intake on the m35a2

Thanks

This begs the question. Does the a3 cap inset or fit over and what is the diameter?

I have an a3 intake that I haven't installed yet, and I'm also in need of a cap. The outer dimension is 5 inches.
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Thanks

Subscribed!

MVPA
    37751E
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,510 Times in 702 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by montaillou View Post
    This begs the question. Does the a3 cap inset or fit over and what is the diameter?

I have an a3 intake that I haven't installed yet, and I'm also in need of a cap. The outer dimension is 5 inches.
    Montaillou, the A2 cap inserts very loosely into the vertical A3 intake pipe. I also think that it must go OVER the pipe, otherwise you invite water to seep in and run down inside the pipe. I have not measured actual diameters, yet. I will look at some options; there are rubber/silicone reducers and some such that might come in handy. It is not as if my LDS was screaming for an intake that is an inch bigger!
    MVPA member. 1974 M35A2C w/w "Queen Lola", rebuilt LDS-465-1A, "D" turbo, Waterloo Overdrive upgrade. Med towbar, 11.00R20 Goodyear G286, flipped hubs, remote brake fluid reservoir, spin-on filters, bypassed FDC, LED taillights, LED headlights, LED turn signals, WESTACH EGT/boost gauge, AVM lockout hubs, LED convoy light, LED lollipop lights, HMMWV seat on air ride base, M211 dash passenger grab handle, hood lift kit, 24V solargizer/battery minder, ether start kit, flasher module mod, heavy duty dog bone ends, M35A3 aluminium fuel tank.

Thanks

I did a web search for an a3 cap and couldn't find one. I did find a hmmwv cap which is listed as 4.65 inches (outer) diameter and I think I might try that. Considering it sits over the top I'm not worried about any incidental moisture getting in there.

Just found this, says it fits a 5 inch pipe: http://armysurpluswarehouse.com/2-1-...air-inlet-cap/

I've seen similar ones on ebay that say they fit 4 inch pipe.
    Last edited by montaillou; 05-18-2019 at 15:09.
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to montaillou For This Useful Post:

cattlerepairman (05-18-2019)

General
    Thanks

What a neat idea! I saw a guy selling heaters and wondered where I could put a 2nd one. I find the heater in very cold weather to be a suggestion with the soft top. I'd also like to get the top to seal up with the cab behind the seats as the straps allow it to bow out and blow all the road dust and wind into the cab.

Quote Originally Posted by rustystud View Post
    I've had no problems with mine at all. It really free's up space being out there too. I added a extra cab heater there on mine, plus my towing control box.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2