• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dimensional drawings?

broylz

Does anyone have some detailed dimensions drawings of the hmmwvs? I've only been able to find some dimensions from what looks like cargo tags online.

I'm looking for things like the windshield frame and the body tub and possibly the b pillar. I will eventually get around to measuring it all out but figured it may be easier to ask if anyone is willing to share. Trying to autoCAD my project ideas before building them for a visual reference.

M996 ambulance body dimensions would also be killer...

Thanks in advance.

riderdan

How detailed were you hoping for? I don't think the TMs have all the measurements you'd need to draw it out in 3D--because I was thinking about doing the same. If you're patient and motivated, you could start with a drawing that has some known dimensions marked and then work out the rest of it in the vector/3D software of your choice.

This link has drawings with general body dimensions (length, wheelbase, height). Similar drawings exist that show width between tie downs, airlift hooks, center of gravity. But as I said, I'm not aware of any (free) dimensioned drawings that are complete enough to work up into a CAD drawing.

Thehex

Does anyone have some detailed dimensions drawings of the hmmwvs? I've only been able to find some dimensions from what looks like cargo tags online.

I'm looking for things like the windshield frame and the body tub and possibly the b pillar. I will eventually get around to measuring it all out but figured it may be easier to ask if anyone is willing to share. Trying to autoCAD my project ideas before building them for a visual reference.

M996 ambulance body dimensions would also be killer...

Thanks in advance.
Did you ever find any cad files?

Thehex

Ghost of holidays past Batman… OP last seen in 2020.
oh, I see. ok, well. It looks like I am going to work on some models of the body, A, B , & C pillars, so I can model up some various top designs. The real problem is I like the 4 seater, I like the helmet top, and I like the slant back. I dont have enough driveway space to have 3 hmmwvs ./....

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
oh, I see. ok, well. It looks like I am going to work on some models of the body, A, B , & C pillars, so I can model up some various top designs. The real problem is I like the 4 seater, I like the helmet top, and I like the slant back. I dont have enough driveway space to have 3 hmmwvs ./....
Welcome to the SS forums!!
Kudos for searching the subject!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks