• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lost my nut, lol

Miscexpense

I'm hoping someone on here might answer my question of the day. Does anyone have a size on the 10" bolt for the alternator bracket? Unfortunately, mine decided to disappear during an outing tonight which caused it to drop the 1/8 inch into my fuel line and cut it in half. On the positive side, I had an extra fuel line set and could replace it after I got a ride back to my shop to get it and a few tools. We couldn't get the bolt out so I went to the hardware store and picked up a few different size nuts and not one seems to fit. I know I am just missing the correct page on the TM that states the size, but looking on the phone is not helping me. For now, I just used a zip tie and that held it long enough to get back to civilization but not secure enough to make it 20mi back home.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm hoping someone on here might answer my question of the day. Does anyone have a size on the 10" bolt for the alternator bracket? Unfortunately, mine decided to disappear during an outing tonight which caused it to drop the 1/8 inch into my fuel line and cut it in half. On the positive side, I had an extra fuel line set and could replace it after I got a ride back to my shop to get it and a few tools. We couldn't get the bolt out so I went to the hardware store and picked up a few different size nuts and not one seems to fit. I know I am just missing the correct page on the TM that states the size, but looking on the phone is not helping me. For now, I just used a zip tie and that held it long enough to get back to civilization but not secure enough to make it 20mi back home.
Post the NSN or part number of the bolt or use that information and and parttarget. It will give you the specs for the bolt.

TM 9-2320-280-24P-1 HMMWV Parts vol 1.pdf
TM 9-2320-280-24P-1 Parts/Tools Volume 1 for the M998 Series HMMWV

TM 9-2320-280-24P-2 HMMWV Parts vol 2.pdf
TM 9-2320-280-24P-2 Parts/Tools Volume 2 for the M998 Series HMMWV

http://www.parttarget.com/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks