• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Repair work possibilities - greater Seattle area

Oldbrknvet

Retired. Worked on large old equipment in Alaska. Was a licensed electrician. Just testing the waters to to see if their might be a need for REASONABLY priced repair work in the area. Head gaskets, fuel issues, air lines, electrical, brakes, etc, but no major motor or tranny or transfer case rebuilds.

I am looking to make a few extra bucks. Not looking for a new career. Just want to provide an affordable option. I like working on older rigs.

If the feedback is positive, I will sell my pickup and old motor home and look for a M936.

Let me know your thoughts,
Larry

Oldbrknvet

Addition to my last post...

Willing to travel to Oregon, Idaho, Nevada and lower BC. By affordable, I mean VERY reasonable. Some travel expenses could be worked out for out of state jobs.

Any feedback? Larry

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I have a shop I go to, but I'm always looking to save money. What are your limitations? Just stuff you can turn with a wrench? What's your hourly rate? Sounds like you're mobile or do you prefer to work out of a shop? Any fabrication/welding?

Ever work with solar, know anything about powerwalls?

Oldbrknvet

Good questions. You will have to be more specific on limitations. I have tools for the types of projects I mentioned above. I am not willing to renew my electrical license, bond or insurance. If you are looking to go off grid or just augment your existing system, I am not your guy. My experience included trams, remote weather stations, service entrance work and hospital equipment installs. I wrenched on equipment so it could make it to the North Slope.

Rates are somewhat flexible - $25 to $30 per hour unless we agree to a figure for a scope of work.

Oldbrknvet

Reduction.

As my wife reminded, I'm doing this mostly for fun. So, rates are $15-$20 per hour and I will only charge when I actually have a tool in use. Maybe we can keep more old steel turning.
Larry