• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RG31 A2 windshield repair

Anvilface

Hey guys, I've been working on an RG31 A2 (M1236). Running good and looking good, except the seal has failed on the windshield panes. I found a youtube video on how to separate the lexan covering from the first layer of laminate and remove it. He stated that was the common area for those to fail. Looking at them, it appears that is where they have started to separate.

Is there any other wisdom I need to know before I pull the armor off from around them and start separating them from the truck?

Anvilface

Just a follow up. Took them out (not that big of a deal, they are in frames).

The failed layer was on the inside 1st layer. It took a little time but it peeled right off and cleaned up nicely.

The only down side is that each window weighed over 100 lbs, not easy to manipulate without dropping them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks