• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Time delay module self destruct

warcow105

So, anyone else ever have their time delay module blow up during a drive? All of a sudden I had a puff of smoke by my windshield and the familiar smell of burnt electronics. Truck was a dog for the rest of the drive home because the fan was stuck on.
IMG_20190501_200208.jpg

NormB

So, anyone else ever have their time delay module blow up during a drive? All of a sudden I had a puff of smoke by my windshield and the familiar smell of burnt electronics. Truck was a dog for the rest of the drive home because the fan was stuck on.
View attachment 763391
I believe this is why DoD went with the newer KDS module.

They’re available, maybe someone will come along and offer one to you for a reasonable price.

NB

NormB

I ordered a replacement from Eastern. If that one ever gives out I will look into upgrading. I'm going to break this one open and see what failed.
Mike
Good luck with that. I’ve never had any luck disassembling potted components.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Not worth the time to bust it open, but for a "how it works" could be interesting. Module may be collateral damage.

Before you pop-in the new module > check the solenoid. Should measure 58 to 78 Ohms. Each lead to ground or valve case housing should be infinity, as in no shorts to ground too. Common to have solenoid windings (coil) to short and then POOF goes the module. Anything less than the 58 Ohms give or take a couple... toss it. Solenoid does run a bit warm when energized which is most of the time.

Another Hummer design flaw. No fuses, but that would be another problem under fire. CAMO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks