• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jeepsinker's M35A2 6BT Cummins swap ( pics and videos)

Jeepsinker

Hey guys, I know I don't post a whole lot in here anymore, but I thought this project might interest you since this swap is going to become a necessity in the coming years. I will be posting pics and explaining things here as questions arise, but you can also follow the project on my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_6OEBrY6vNe4HK4CCpO21w

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking good in the engine bay and the rest of the paint looking good as well.
Haha I always figured the multifuel engine would be like the cockroach, still running after all other engines dead and gone.

Jeepsinker

Have you researched a DT466? I have not, but am impressed with them.
Yes I have researched them extensively and concluded that they are not the best candidate for this application. The length negates the installation of an air to air charge air cooler, they are much heavier than the Cummins, they still utilize a belt driven compressor, and they have many more points of cooling system failure which they are quite prone to failing at.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's a youtube channel?

Is it on dish, cable or good ol' rabbit ears?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks