Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: My 1-Ton restomod m1009 thread

Corporal
    Thanks

Update for sept 2019

Still cant find a rear glass, I know LMC sells one, but I need all the guts, which add up to more than the cost of the glass. Haven't found a K5 at a junk yard in quite some time.

My truck spring a few leaks now that Im driving it.

-Rear pinion seal replaced
    -Rear output shaft replaced
    -Had to helicoil the adaptor to transmission bolts since the bottom two were stripped.
    -Had a fuel leak under the intake. Turned out to be the fuel line was deteriorated. Replaced.
    -And one of the oil cooler lines was leaking bad. Got a good used set from hillbilly wizard.

Next Item was the tires. They all vibrated at speed. Im not expecting perfection, but would be nice to shoot for something better.
    I have a tire balancer, I spun one and it said i needed 29oz lol Uhhh.
    I had good results with the heavy airsoft BBs on my lifted duramax's. I dumped in about 24oz in the first one and tried to spin it, shook like crazy. Turns out all 4 tires were full of black goo. Im not sure if this was maybe old slime? Anyway, the bbs just stuck in one spot on the outside.
    So i then have to disassemble all 4 tires and thoroughly clean the inside of the tire. PITA.
    I then re-assembled them and spun them again. got them close with wieghts and then poured in about 20oz of the .30g airsoft BBS.
    But they now drive smooth!
    BTW, they weigh in right at 123# (no runflat inserts or PVC )

Anyone have a 2wd steering box? LMK
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Yup, the black goo. My 37s had it also. I threw them on an F350 with balance beads, and experienced death wobble of immense proportions. They all stuck in one spot lol

Corporal
    Thanks

Air conditioning! Probably more excited for this then I was over a dana 60 or banks turbo lol
    The hard part is going to be mounting the compressor. My m1009 has been converted to 12v, But the previous owner put the single alternator on the driver side.
    I can try to get a serpentine belt system from a 6.5 l diesel, Fab up a mount for the compressor on the passenger side, or move the alternator.
    It's probably going to depend on what parts I can actually find.

Anyone have any of these parts available?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4