• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gama Goat Brake Drum/Hub resurfacing

CombatJack

Good morning all,

I pulled the 6 hubs/drums off of the goat, to do a full brake restoration/rebuild.
I have 2 words: HOLY. S**T.
They are in pretty bad shape. I have NOS ones but I want to save those, and want to get these turned down/resurfaced and use them.
I went by O'reillys but the machine they have cannot accommodate a Goat hub to turn it down.
Anyone ever had this done to a Goat? If so, where did you go to get the work performed??

I have every other part I need to rebuild the entire brake assembly at the wheel. Next chore will be the Master Cylinder. It looks like that is a bear to work on as well, through that tiny little hold in the dash!!

Thanks for the help!

CJack

diesel583

Try any machine shop, not automotive but oil field or job shop. They should be able to handle it. Don't be surprised if it gets a little costly.

owensexport

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good morning all,
I have every other part I need to rebuild the entire brake assembly at the wheel. Next chore will be the Master Cylinder. It looks like that is a bear to work on as well, through that tiny little hold in the dash!!
CJack
I have NOS master cylinders sealed in the original boxes for $60.00