• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 Antenna mount

papakb

With this style antenna mount you want to add a triangular backing plate inside the panel or the whipping of the antenna will tear it off of the truck. It's a part of the original antenna installation kit that often gets lost when they get removed from vehicles. Easy to make from 1/8" aluminum.

papakb

Tom R, There's only 1 backup plate in the installation. Greg's picture showed one of the early and later style plates. In a pinch you could use large diameter washers (fender washers) but you'll want to double or triple them up to add rigidity to the bracket.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one on the right will clear the rivets on the inside of the fender.
I tried them on left and right fenders with properly drilled mount holes.
I seen a few trucks out there that used the one on the left on outside, and other on the inside.
I had a few of each made...$ 10 ea. for plane one, $ 12 ea on right one plus shipping.
DSC_01010.JPG

Last edited:

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting a new batch of plates done to match 2 trucks, and 2 new fenders I have un drilled,
as original set fits some fenders , but other fenders might have one rivet in a different location requiring a mod.

Beaufort12

Hi,

Im looking for those mounts / brackets, left and right side.
Maybe someone knows the part numbers or the ordiginal part description, so that I can find them...or if you want to get rid of it.... pm me:grin:

antenna-fender-mount-hmmwv-m998_1_fcd47f6cf0beafb6bb7d74b22df52c82.jpg