• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

998 side mount machine gun mount

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what I remember...I took the forward area parts off, and cut off the forward mount, and shaved it down a little to slide in MSG mount and drilled hole to match pin.
On rear, I removed the hollow pin, and drilled hole on 249 to match MSG rear pin.
I pinned Forward mount on MSG cradle, and then put 249 on rear mount....lowered 249 until it contacted forward pinned mount i cut off earlier.
Then tach welded it back on.....then flat back paint.
249-1.jpg
249-2.jpg

cruzinz28

I've been working on a similar project like this myself. I draft with AutoCAD for a living so making a fabrication drawing is easy. I have access to a machine shop as well, so my plan is to get a quote here in the near future to fabricate some swing arm mounts. Now, I know mine will not incorporate the latest adjustments like those being used in the field, but if I can re-create a basic first generation one for my display purposes, I would be happy.

I am trying to get my hands on a gun cradle pintle mount setup so I can finish the upper swing arm and get a quote. So far I do have a quote for the pins, and metal to mill the arms and pintle out of.

IMG_6941.jpgIMG_6942.jpg

cruzinz28

Well... I was gonna run five on my truck... (1) A-Pillar, (2) B-Pillar, (1) D-Pillar, (1) Back-up on weapons tray next to 50 Cal
My last truck took 8 years to get it wear it was... and GMV part prices will keep this one a slow build too... BUT that’s the part I love! I have a library of 80+ pictures to reference and the hunt for parts is worse addiction than drugs or drinking.

BLK HMMWV

Well... I was gonna run five on my truck... (1) A-Pillar, (2) B-Pillar, (1) D-Pillar, (1) Back-up on weapons tray next to 50 Cal
My last truck took 8 years to get it wear it was... and GMV part prices will keep this one a slow build too... BUT that’s the part I love! I have a library of 80+ pictures to reference and the hunt for parts is worse addiction than drugs or drinking.

I hear that . I spent a lot of time finding parts over the last 15 years since I got mine. Wife said you get one. Didn't say I couldn't keep changing what it looked like.
You know they made a rear weapons mount for the turret back in the day. bolted up to the bearing at about the 7-8 o-clock position.
I used to have 2 of them seems that they modded it up with a roller blade wheel on the second version. I sold that one off years ago.
Still have the one without the wheel someplace.
It was for the early style bearing and hatch.
Have fun with your project .
BH