Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Small (amusing) HMMWV admirer

Corporal
    MVPA
    Not yet
    Thanks

I'd like to see more of stuff like "touch a truck".
    In the U.K., there are a lot of similar fundraisers for medical causes, (hospices, ambulance services, research) a popular one is to "sell" rides in people's collector cars.
    We who are fortunate enough to have a "toy" car, forget that a lot of folks would love to ride or just sit in our vehicles.

A friend has a (very) high end Ford GT40 replica and he's been known to give kids ride in it if they show a lot of interest at a car show. (In fact a few months ago he was stopped by a guy who told him he gave his little brother a ride a few years ago and the boy is still talking about it and is now taking auto classes at the community college).

Likewise, at a show at the Indy track as part of the track's centennial in 2011, I gave rides in my roadsters to the Army troops who were there with a display. They loved it.

So, by all means, share your cars it might help grow the hobby ...or maybe save it if you're in a state (like mine) that dislikes military vehicles (likely because of politics, IMHO).

I know as a kid, I would have loved to sit or ride in a Jeep.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JEB For This Useful Post:

Guyfang (10-22-2019), HUNvee (10-23-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2