• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Took My M1030M1 For A Ride In The Mountains Today

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It had been a few months since I had ridden my M1030M1 so I decided to take it for a ride into town and visit the local coffee shop. I had to endure several interested bystanders asking questions, which is normal when I bring that bike out. Afterwards, it was such a beautiful day I ended up going on a 65 miles ride through the mountains. I live in North Georgia in the midst of the Blue Ridge Mountains and we have some fantastic motorcycle riding around here. That bike really handles the curves well. I had to force myself to return home. The bike ran flawlessly, as always.

M1030M1 Left.jpg

Wire Fox

Ah, my favorite piece of USMC equipment! Wish I had one! I own a regular 2009 KLR 650 and envy the specs of that bike and the very military modifications it has! I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I could both find and afford it.

Torquepen

There’s 4500 miles on my M1030M1 - not all by me - and it’s still running well. It’s an earlier British Army version with possibly a 584cc engine. Still has the F1 cover on the injector. Running a 15T sprocket up front with the original 56T on the rear. I will drop that to a 54T soon for more road use.