• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will M813 fit in a standard 40‘ shipping container?

Justmic

Hi, I searched the forum but couldn’t find an answer to this question of mine. I want to ship an M813 overseas and would like to know if it will fit a standard container (high cube) if the mirrors are removed or if more has to be done.
Thank you
Michael

FloridaAKM

The hi cube units are a foot taller, so I think the the inside measurements are more like 8ft 9inches. I will go measure mine & report back when it stops raining.

fasttruck

You would have to get a container with an outside width of 102" so the interior would be narrow enough to take a vehicle with a 96" wide body. Does the truck have a winch ? Might have to get a 45' or 53' box. Standard containers are 40' long.

fasttruck

The dimensional data plate shown in post 2 lists the length of a truck without winch as 304" or 25' 3", so even with a winch it should fit in a 40' box. Post 6 should say a 102" wide box is required to have an interior WIDE enough to accommodate a 96" wide load.

Guyfang

Staff member
Over the years, I saw much equipment stuffed into containers. Yep, it fits. Yep, do not be surprised, (or start crying) when you open it back up. If it's a tight fit, it's going to have damage.