• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV M1028 registration in CA

ALTOcal

Hello,

I'm hoping someone else has had recent success registering a CUCV in the state of CA. I was at my AAA office doing the VIN verification and we could not find the US Federal Certification Sticker. I read a little more and I don't think CUCVs have those stickers ever. I was referred to the CHP for further verification. I'm think ing I want to avoid this step, but maybe it's not a big deal. I did see the form has the option for "Door replaced". Is that a legitimate loophole? Or is that just another way to refer me to the CHP?

Another option might be a sketchy car registration booth that's a little less strignent. Any thoughts?

Has anyone been to the CHP with a CUCV?

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,

I'm hoping someone else has had recent success registering a CUCV in the state of CA. I was at my AAA office doing the VIN verification and we could not find the US Federal Certification Sticker. I read a little more and I don't think CUCVs have those stickers ever. I was referred to the CHP for further verification. I'm think ing I want to avoid this step, but maybe it's not a big deal. I did see the form has the option for "Door replaced". Is that a legitimate loophole? Or is that just another way to refer me to the CHP?

Another option might be a sketchy car registration booth that's a little less strignent. Any thoughts?

Has anyone been to the CHP with a CUCV?
Did you complete the registration in California? I just bought one and will be trying to register it soon and would love any information that may be helpful from your experience. Thanks