Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: M1009 Air Conditioning

  1. #11
    Colonel alpine44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Asheville, NC - Elkton, MD
    Posts
    392
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 143 Times in 93 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharecropper View Post
    Im spending my daughter’s inheritance. She will never know.
    There is my problem. I do not have a daughter whose inheritance I can spend.
    Last edited by alpine44; 07-05-2019 at 21:20.
    1990 FLU419 SEE
    1986 M1009, 6.2L engine, 700R4/NP241, 4.10:1 14 bolt 8 lug rear, 10 bolt 8 lug front, 4" lift, 34.5" tires
    1993 M998 2-man troop carrier - SOLD
    MEP002A generator
    Gichner Expandable ISO shelter = my machine shop

  2. #12
    Colonel alpine44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Asheville, NC - Elkton, MD
    Posts
    392
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 143 Times in 93 Posts

    Default

    Cut new hole in firewall, patched old one, and installed interior air box:

    Cutout_Patch.jpg

    Blower/Evaporator mated to air box:

    Assembled.jpg


    Now waiting for condenser, compressor, hoses and fittings to arrive. Will clean and test the air box in the meantime.
    1990 FLU419 SEE
    1986 M1009, 6.2L engine, 700R4/NP241, 4.10:1 14 bolt 8 lug rear, 10 bolt 8 lug front, 4" lift, 34.5" tires
    1993 M998 2-man troop carrier - SOLD
    MEP002A generator
    Gichner Expandable ISO shelter = my machine shop

  3. #13
    4 Star General Barrman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Giddings, Texas
    Posts
    4,315
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1,411 Times in 751 Posts

    Default

    Alpine,
    when you get to doing the under dash stuff. Take the entire evaporator housing apart and put new foam in. It really makes a difference.

    Sharecropper,
    glad you got her on the phone. She was super nice when I spoke with her as well a few years ago. The holes in the brackets are sized for metric fasteners. If you use standard, it just won’t fit right and you will throw belts. Metric makes it all fit up like a precision instrument.
    "If you didn't build it, you can't call it yours."

    1952 M35 W/W Gasser
    1953 M35 W/W Gasser
    1967 M715 6.2/NV4500
    1967 M416
    1971 M35A2 Whistler W/W
    1985 M1009
    1985 M1009
    1985 M1009
    1985 M1009
    1985 M1009
    1986 M105A3
    1987 M1007 Suburban (Cowdog)
    1988 M105A3
    1990 M101A2
    1991 M101A2

  4. #14
    4 Star General Sharecropper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Paris KY
    Posts
    1,207
    Thanks
    583
    Thanked 759 Times in 361 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    Sharecropper,
    glad you got her on the phone. She was super nice when I spoke with her as well a few years ago. The holes in the brackets are sized for metric fasteners. If you use standard, it just won’t fit right and you will throw belts. Metric makes it all fit up like a precision instrument.
    OK here is the contact information for the A/C brackets -

    Component Parts, Inc.
    Fab Division
    PO Box 7514
    3100 Chesser Boyer Road
    Ft. Worth, TX 76111
    817-834-4771
    Fax: 817-834-8647 (yes they have a fax!)

    I spoke with Ms. Lillian, who I understand to be the wife of Herb the machinist who developed the kit. The kit for our CUCVs is #5255 with a price of $249.34 plus shipping and COD charges (they don't take credit cards).

    As previously stated, the quality of the parts is excellent. There are front and rear compressor brackets which piggy-back to the side of the passenger alternator. These brackets could probably be replicated by anyone with a plasma table, however the hallmark part is the cast crank pulley. This part undoubtedly had to be pattern-molded and then machined, not only to properly fit inside the crank pulley but also to accurately run the V-belt. I will post photos on my rebuild thread whenever I can get to it.

  5. #15
    Colonel alpine44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Asheville, NC - Elkton, MD
    Posts
    392
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 143 Times in 93 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    Alpine,
    when you get to doing the under dash stuff. Take the entire evaporator housing apart and put new foam in. It really makes a difference.

    ...
    Do you mean the weatherstripping/seals in the air-handler box?
    1990 FLU419 SEE
    1986 M1009, 6.2L engine, 700R4/NP241, 4.10:1 14 bolt 8 lug rear, 10 bolt 8 lug front, 4" lift, 34.5" tires
    1993 M998 2-man troop carrier - SOLD
    MEP002A generator
    Gichner Expandable ISO shelter = my machine shop

  6. #16
    Colonel alpine44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Asheville, NC - Elkton, MD
    Posts
    392
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 143 Times in 93 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharecropper View Post
    OK here is the contact information for the A/C brackets -

    Component Parts, Inc.
    Fab Division
    PO Box 7514
    3100 Chesser Boyer Road
    Ft. Worth, TX 76111
    817-834-4771
    Fax: 817-834-8647 (yes they have a fax!)

    I spoke with Ms. Lillian, who I understand to be the wife of Herb the machinist who developed the kit. The kit for our CUCVs is #5255 with a price of $249.34 plus shipping and COD charges (they don't take credit cards).

    As previously stated, the quality of the parts is excellent. There are front and rear compressor brackets which piggy-back to the side of the passenger alternator. These brackets could probably be replicated by anyone with a plasma table, however the hallmark part is the cast crank pulley. This part undoubtedly had to be pattern-molded and then machined, not only to properly fit inside the crank pulley but also to accurately run the V-belt. I will post photos on my rebuild thread whenever I can get to it.
    Thanks for the info.
    1990 FLU419 SEE
    1986 M1009, 6.2L engine, 700R4/NP241, 4.10:1 14 bolt 8 lug rear, 10 bolt 8 lug front, 4" lift, 34.5" tires
    1993 M998 2-man troop carrier - SOLD
    MEP002A generator
    Gichner Expandable ISO shelter = my machine shop

  7. #17
    4 Star General Barrman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Giddings, Texas
    Posts
    4,315
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1,411 Times in 751 Posts

    Default

    Yes. All the doors that move inside there have some kind of seal on them. New seals make it really nice.
    "If you didn't build it, you can't call it yours."

    1952 M35 W/W Gasser
    1953 M35 W/W Gasser
    1967 M715 6.2/NV4500
    1967 M416
    1971 M35A2 Whistler W/W
    1985 M1009
    1985 M1009
    1985 M1009
    1985 M1009
    1985 M1009
    1986 M105A3
    1987 M1007 Suburban (Cowdog)
    1988 M105A3
    1990 M101A2
    1991 M101A2

  8. #18
    Private andyh1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    kosciusko ms
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    For everbody's info here the M1010 Ambulance has everthing needed to mount a compressor. It mounts to the left side of the engine & both alternators mount on the right.
    It mounts the big Frigidaire A6 but A Sanden can mount with a common adapter kit.
    I just removed all the mounts, compressor, pulleys, belts & brackets if anybody needs part #s from them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •