• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTVR 7 ton. Who bought one?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
People who are going to be really mad when they can't get parts for them at Napa!

I know a few have been exported as I saw the broker listings to go to the port in Charleston.

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stupid questions, but I'll ask anyway...why is the military selling these?? Do they have a surplus or have plans to go bigger??

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They are just being surplus than rather being rebuilt or even up armored. The 7 and 9 ton MTVR trucks have a extended service life of 2024 thru 2042. They are still being built by oshkosh

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I spoke to a guy who won one at one of the first few auctions. Sold him a couple parts. His euc hadn’t cleared yet though and he was into his 3rd month waiting.

Gunzy

I didn't get one but I did end up with 6 wheels with CTIS. They'll probably become fire pits as I can't find any use for them.

sandcobra164

There will be a member on here soon who gets one, not me though. I think Simp summed up my reason. M923A0 is about as far forward in the hobby as I want to go. Purely mechanical systems and zero electronics to keep it running. Don't mistake my logic, I love the newer trucks while someone else is footing the bill to maintain them.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Madams I have sure been looking at these and a few of them sure look good, along with a few that didnt look so good, when I am ready I will be looking a lot harder at them. In watching the auctions it looks like they are going in the 19 to 22k range and they seem to be in the 3 to 5K mile range, I think they look pretty darned cool!

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got one. I will be flying to CA to pick mine up next week. I plan to drive it from Yermo, CA to SLC, UT. It has no A/C so it will be HOT!!

Karl, I was raised in Fargo ND. Over by the airport on 9 1/2 street. I am glad to get out of the winters there.

MAdams

You're braver than I am. I bought one but my drive home is only 90 miles and I'm being followed by a 5 ton just in case. I'm still nervous because a landoll tow home is $1000