• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel tank filler strainer removal

FloridaAKM

Is this the inverted witches hat screen filter you speak of? The fuel cap comes off with a 1/4 turn & the inverted witches hat screen comes out of the tank till it stops. At that point, you turn the screen cartridge till the dimples line up & it then completely lifts free of the fuel tank. If I am in the wrong fuel tank, just ignore this post.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
On the 939s I use a monkey wrench against the lip and the threads. They do suck though on occasion

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just fyi that the first ones made were plain steel/iron that rust badly. 2nd generation are coated yellow zinc?
Learned that when I replaced mine. I also coated threads with anti seeze

FloridaAKM

Par normal, the OP was talking about a 5 ton truck, not a Deuce or even a genset fuel tank. Since my M-1081 threads on & off easily, I could not imagine it being hard to remove. Again, ignore the original post. :eek: