• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 Gen 1 Light On

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have no idea how to even find that info... not all of us know or have the patience to try to find stuff in massive books... like give a page number...
You prove my point of someone not willing to invest the time to actually read the TMs and want someone else who has read them, and taken the time to learn how to use them, to give you the info.

The CUCV TMs are far from massive.
5 ton TMs get interesting
The TMs for the MH-47E Helicopter are massive.

I can’t imagine owning a CUCV and not using the TMs.

Matt5

Banned
Drivers side must have isolated ground wire. TM 9-2320-289-34, Appendix E, figure E-9. Passenger side alternator isolated ground post is not used.
Wasted some more time...

I have *no* idea how you come up with the isolated ground stud is not used LOL...

Literally, this one is colored... but... it has a red wire going to it... that's power... I just... what?

cucvchargecircuit.jpg

And yeah I don't spend hours trying to find a picture that, was NOT in the TM I downloaded... when I already know how the system works... also... it's a k30 with a few changes... does not take longer to figure out most everything... also when a good like 50+ cucvs have been cut in the last idk 5 years... went into the TM's once or twice... I mean I sure don't post here rofl... "this has already been discussed" at least it makes you learn...

Yeah so... the TM's kinda show here that telling people to look at them don't work... because I have no idea where this poster gets the idea that one post is not used and te other must have it... I mean... I guess it is true the STOCK drivers alt MUST have the ground wire or else... it won't ground... (not the case for the OP's replacement) but the passenger side???? Wut??????? It has *more* wires going to it on the diagram lol...

I'm just lost...

Anyway OP if you are still here... GL... your alt is fine (as it in will work, it could still be your issue), you don't need isolated ground for drivers side... pretty much all we had to leave this at... did not need 3 page discussion over it...

L B

So just to close this one out, I got the issue fixed - it ended up being a bad alternator from Autozone. I did clean the contacts on the bulkhead connector which brought the voltage on my exciter wire from 11.9V to 12.4V, but the light was still on. I changed the alternator again this morning and the light went away, so problem solved.

Thanks for all the input.

-LB

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks