• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Correct Rifle

PeteNora

My M-817 has the dash mounted rifle carrier. What was the issued rifle that this truck would carry? I keep getting asked this question. Also where would one find a non firing rifle to use for show purpose? Thanks....

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M14

M16

M16A1

Conceivably still in service for the M16A2

Primarily M16A1. If I were choosing a display rifle, the M16A1 is most appropriate. Nonfiring replicas are available on Ebay.

Last edited:

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would transport company soldiers ever carry carbines like a CAR-15 or XM-177? I thinking of tankers & artillery personnel who would often carry shorter guns due to space constraints...

Gunzy

Airsoft AR is like $40 and if it disappears no great loss. Also, you can build your own AR for like under $500.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Coming from a guy who used to have rifle racks in his pickup, I hate to say that displaying even a fake gun today will invite problems.

People are easily frightened.